Established April 1, 2016
Article 1 Definitions
- "Services" refers to services of various kinds that the Company provides via the Sites and the relevant apps and other platforms.
- "Site/Sites" refers to the "VOCALOID SHOP" site run by the Company.
Article 2 Purpose, Etc.
Article 4 Services
Article 5 Interruption and Suspension of the Services
- The Company may interrupt or suspend a part or the whole of the Services without any prior announcement, in any of the following cases:
- (1) Scheduled or emergency work, maintenance, inspection or upgrading is carried out on the system.
- (2) Use of the system exceeds its capacity, such as when there is a surge of Users accessing the system.
- (3) Where it is unavoidable in order to ensure the security of the system.
- (4) It becomes difficult to provide the Services as a result of fire, power outage, natural disaster or other circumstances beyond the Company's control.
- (5) Any other case where the Company deems it necessary to interrupt or suspend the Services for operational or technical reasons.
Article 6 Alteration and Termination of the Services
- The Company may make additions to or alter the contents of the Services at its own discretion. Also, if continuation of the Services is difficult, the Company may terminate a part or the whole of the Services at its own discretion. In these cases, the Company may, at its own discretion, announce or notify the alteration or other action on the Sites or elsewhere.
Article 7 Amendments to Terms, Etc.
Article 8 Effectiveness of Notice
- Notices the Company makes to Users by sending e-mails, making announcements on the Sites, or forwarding postal items, etc.,shall become effective immediately.
Article 9 Prohibited Acts
- Prohibited Acts include:
- (1) Any act that infringes, or might infringe, upon the rights of the Company or of a third party.
- (2) Any act that, without the Company's explicit permission, is carried out via or in connection with the Services for purposes of profit for which the Services are not intended, or for preparations for such profit-making.
- (3) Any act that, via or in connection with the Services, uses or spreads a computer virus or other harmful program.
- (4) Any act that places an excessive load on the Company's system.
- (5) Any act that is or might be contrary to law, public order or morals.
- (7) Any other act that hinders the running of the Sites.
- If Users are discovered to have committed any of the prohibited acts in the preceding paragraph, the Company may take measures against Users, such as banning Users from using the Services.
Article 10 Users' Responsibilities
- The Company provides the Services "as-is", and Users use them at their own risk.
- Any dispute that may arise between a User and another User or Users or a third party in using the Services shall be resolved by the User concerned at his/her own expense and risk; the Company shall not be responsible for such a dispute in any manner whatsoever.
Article 11 Measures by the Company
- Where any of the following is applicable, or is deemed by the Company as possibly applicable, to Users, the Company may require Users to desist from the act in question, or to delete their session data, etc. The Company may also suspend Users' use of the Services and/or delete a part or the whole of the session data in question, etc., without any prior notice to Users.
- (2) The Company deems that, due to a violation or a breach of public order and morals, it would be inappropriate for you to continue using the Services.
- (3) You have not used the Services for a prolonged period of time.
- In addition to the measures in the preceding paragraph, the Company may take measures such as terminating the agreement for the Services or disqualifying Users from membership.
Article 12 Preparation, Etc., of Equipment
- Users must prepare on their own responsibility the equipment and environment set forth below which are necessary in order to use the Services; Users must not seek any cost-sharing whatsoever from the Company.
- (1) Preparation and installation of computers, telecommunication equipment and all other equipment that is necessary in order to use the Services.
- (2) Conclusion of contracts for use of telecommunication lines, subscription to Internet services, and payment of communication charges and other expenses incurred for use of the Services.
- The Company assumes no obligation to change the contents of the Services in order to ensure their compatibility with any equipment, software or telecommunications environments, etc., that Users employ in using the Services.
- In using the Services, Users must be fully aware that it is possible that access to the Services will be interrupted or that errors will occur during the processes of transmitting or receiving information, data or software, etc.
Article 13 Non-Warranty
- THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY, EITHER EXPLICIT OR IMPLICIT, WITH REGARD TO THE ACCURACY, AUTHENTICITY, RELIABILITY, UTILITY OR OTHER ASPECT OF INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE OBTAINABLE VIA THE SERVICES.
Article 14 Disclaimers
- THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR DELETING, ERASING OR NOT SAVING SESSION INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT USERS INPUT IN THE SERVICES; NOR WILL THE COMPANY ASSUME ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER SHOULD USERS SUFFER DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH MEASURES BY THE COMPANY.
- THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER WITH REGARD TO ANY DISPUTE THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN A USER AND ANOTHER USER OR USERS OR A THIRD PARTY IN USING THE PAID SERVICES; SHOULD SUCH A PROBLEM OCCUR, IT SHALL BE RESOLVED AMONG THE PARTIES CONCERNED, WHICH SHALL NOT INVOLVE THE COMPANY.
- EXCEPT IN CASES WHERE THE COMPANY MAKES EXPLICIT STATEMENTS OF ITS LIABILITY, THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER WITH REGARD TO ANY DAMAGE THAT USERS MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF READING, VIEWING OR DOWNLOADING, ETC., INFORMATION, DATA OR SOFTWARE, ETC.
Article 15 Damage Compensation
Article 16 Prohibition of Transfer of Rights and Duties
- Users must not assign or delegate any of their rights and duties arising from their use of the Services to a third party, nor use any such rights and duties as collateral.
Article 17 Outsourcing
- The Company may outsource a part or the whole of the work of managing the Sites, processing accounts settlement, responding to inquiries, and so forth as necessary.
Article 18 Investigations
Article 19 Intellectual Property
- All software that is provided in connection with the Services contains property rights and trade secrets that are protected by legislation pertaining to intellectual property rights. Users are only allowed to download this software on the conditions that Users do not make modifications to it and that Users use it for personal purposes.
Article 20 Advertising and Linking
- The Company or third parties may place links from the Sites to other websites or resources, and Users use such websites and resources at their own risk; the Company assumes no liability whatsoever with regard to the accuracy, reliability, utility or other aspects of such links and external resources.
- The Company may place advertising or publicity relating to itself or its business partners on the Sites. Any transactions with such business partners that Users carry out in response to such advertising or publicity shall be on Users' own judgment and at their own risk; The Company assumes no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage that Users may suffer as a result of advertising or publicity that it places on the Sites, or of transactions that Users engage in with such other companies.
Article 21 Governing Law and Jurisdiction
End of Document
Individual Terms for VOCALOID SHOP
Established April 1, 2016
You must read and agree to the Individual Terms set forth below (referred to as the "Individual Terms for VOCALOID SHOP" below) before using the Site.
Article 1 VOCALOID SHOP Services
- The Company will provide a selection of VOCALOID products to Users via VOCALOID SHOP (referred to as the "VOCALOID SHOP Services" below). Digital River GmbH will provide the sale of VOCALOID products to Users via the Share it service run by Digital River GmbH (referred to as the "Share it services" below). Details of Share it services are set forth in terms on the Share it site run by Digital River GmbH. Details of the VOCALOID SHOP Services are set forth herein and additionally on the relevant pages of the Site.
Article 2 Purchase
- You may purchase products without registering as a member.
- Once you select the product at VOCALOID SHOP, you are transferred to the Share it service site and the agreement to purchase shall be established between Digital River GmbH and the User.
- Users must abide by the terms and conditions set forth by Digital River GmbH for sale of the products.
- For the process of purchasing products, click here.
- Any dispute that may arise between a User and the User's credit card company, other payment agency or Digital River GmbH must be resolved by the parties concerned; the Company shall not be responsible for such a dispute in any manner whatsoever.
- In general, returns or refunds are not accepted due to the nature of the products.
Article 3 Licenses
- The intellectual property rights in products on the VOCALOID SHOP Services remain with the copyright owners of such products or to other third parties who hold the legitimate rights to them. To use a product that a User has purchased via the Share it service, the User must agree to the licensing agreement that the licensor of the product sets forth. The Company, the VOCALOID SHOP Services, Digital River GmbH and Share it services are not involved in any manner with the licensing agreements for products.
- You are not allowed to make commercial use of any bonus content, such as demo data, that is obtainable simultaneously with purchase of a product via the Share it service.
Article 4 Warranty and Support of Products
- Technical support for a product that a User has purchased via Share it services will be provided to the User by the producer, supplier or issuer according to the contents of the warranty for the product; the Company and the VOCALOID SHOP Services assume no responsibility of any kind regarding the warranty or support for products except that the Company is a supplier or licensor of the products.
Article 5 Copyrights, Etc.
- Copyrights, trademarks, know-how and other intellectual property rights pertaining to the text, drawings, designs, images, graphics and other documents on the Site of the VOCALOID SHOP Services (referred to collectively as "Documents" below) remain with the Company or with third parties who have licensed their use to the Company.
- Except where permission is explicitly given on the Site of the VOCALOID SHOP Services, you are not allowed to download, upload, duplicate, alter, translate or transmit, etc., any of the Documents without obtaining prior written consent from the Company.
End of Document